About the Scavenger
- Published: Sunday, 09 August 2009 05:17
- Hits: 2027
The Scavenger is an online magazine comprising features, commentary and news that you’re unlikely to find in mainstream media. It's a mix of original articles, aggregated content and author extracts.
The Scavenger comes along and takes what’s left after the masses have had their feed.
The Scavenger is where you’ll find the bits and pieces that mainstream media can’t or won't find a home for.
Articles on The Scavenger are written by a eclectic blend of professional journalists, bloggers, authors and talented emerging writers, as well as experts such as doctors. lawyers, academics, coaches, therapists and other professionals.
What you will find here is:
- Intelligent commentary on a range of issues
- Features and news offering information that is scarce in other forms of media
- Smart books movies
- Arts coverage featuring innovative creators from across the globe
- Tools and strategies for social change makers to grow and 'be the change'
- Uplifting and inspiring stories of people making a difference, animals and the planet
- Ethical writing with a strong social justice bent
The Scavenger is the creation of Katrina Fox, a journalist with 15 years' experience as a news and features writer, sub-editor and editor on a range of consumer, trade, community and public sector publications in London and Sydney. Associate editors, writers and other contributors are based across the globe and content is intended for an international audience.
The site was launched in December 2009, had a hiatus, and has now been relaunched in February 2014.